Created in 1890 and labeled Museum of France, this museum organizes exhibitions related to its illustrious character Raymond Lafage. It presents exhibitions around engraving and drawing in all its forms, artists from all horizons.
The Raymond Lafage Museum was created in 1890 under the 3rd Republic by two local scholars, passionate about archaeology.
In 1890, the museum opened its doors from archaeological collections from surface collections.
It has been controlled by the "Direction des Musées de France" since 1950 and is awarded the "Musée de France" label.
The flagship of the museum, however, is the remarkable collection of drawings and engravings by Raymond Lafage (1656-1684), whose baroque verve is brilliantly expressed in its bacchanal and biblical roots. Born in Lisle-sur-Tarn in 1656 and died in Lyon in 1684.
The museum also has a collection of glassware known as Grésigne. The Grésigne forest which adjoins the municipality of Lisle-sur-Tarn was a glass production area under the Ancien Régime. The collection of glassware of the museum, allows to admire pieces of green or blue-green color, manufactured in the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries.
Nombre de personne minimum : 10